A Combination of Experience and Innovation
Apex has two endodontists at the practice, whose combined experience in dentistry exceeds 40 years. Dr. Anthony Domenico has been practicing endodontics in Western New York for more 30 years. He performs most of the consultations at the practice and works with Dr. Jordan to diagnose your situation. Dr. Jordan is currently an Attending Dentist at the Buffalo Veterans Hospital as the sole root canal specialist. His desire to bring innovative resources and technologies to his patients is what brings a certain magic to Apex Endodontics.
We are the only endodontic office in Western New York to offer oral conscious sedation. This is the perfect option for nervous patients who need help to relax during their procedure. Oral sedation is for patients that want more than nitrous oxide and do not want IV sedation or general anesthesia. Dr. Jordan also offers nitrous oxide for those patients who want to remain awake, but need something mild to relax. Nitrous oxide takes effect within minutes and lasts only as long as it is administered.
While getting a root canal may be stressful at some practices, we take special care to create an environment where comfort comes first. Patients are greeted by name when they enter the practice. They may choose their own TV station in the operatory or movie glasses that allows them to watch Netflix during their procedure. All patients are offered a warm aromatherapy towel after their procedure.
The Apex Advantage
Dr. Shawn Jordan’s practice philosophy is based on solid research and evidence-based clinical techniques to achieve the most positive outcomes for you.
- Apex hosts a state-of-art office that includes technologies such as cone beam 3D imaging technology, digital X-ray, ultrasonic instrumentation, surgical operating microscopes, apex locators, rotary techniques, and in-operatory entertainment.
- Apex was the first endodontics office in Buffalo with a 3D X-ray machine. Our Sirona GALILEOS CBCT X-ray machine allows us to be able to take 3D images of the face and jaws in an affordable manner to the patient.
- Since procedures such as root canals can often make our patients anxious, we offer oral conscious sedation to put our patients at ease.
- Apex has dental surgical microscopes in all procedure rooms.
- We offer Saturday hours and are always on call for emergencies.